Global Talent Employer-Sponsored Program – Info.Sheet (1).
About the program.
13, October 2020 (recent updates made)
The Global Talent Employer-Sponsored program allows employers to sponsor overseas workers for highly skilled positions that cannot be filled:
- by Australian workers
- through other standard visa programs (Short and Medium-term TSS visa)
Sponsors must be able to demonstrate that they cannot fill the position through existing skilled visa programs. Sponsors will then be able to sponsor workers for a TSS visa under the GTES.
The GTES is designed to benefit Australia and Australian workers. To bring applicants who are ‘globally mobile, highly skilled and specialised individuals’ into the country to assist Australian businesses to grow and employ more Australians to fill critical needs. Any position filled through a GTES agreement must provide opportunities for Australians by,
- creating new jobs
- transference of skills and knowledge
The main features of the GTES are:
- employers access highly skilled roles not restricted to occupation lists (TSS)
- two streams – established business and start-ups
- earning threshold for applicants is higher than under the standard TSS stream
- ability to negotiate variations on the standard TSS visa requirements
- visa valid for up to 4 years allowing access to a permanent residence pathway
- ability to negotiate age requirements for the permanent residence pathway
- priority processing of GTES agreements
Specific criteria and requirements to be considered for the GTES must be met.
For eligibility to the GTES program and to discuss this growing area of Australian Immigration, please contact us today.